We have about one week left before our “final” inspection. (Final in quotes because I haven’t heard of many people who pass their first “final” inspection.) Our [punch list] is still fairly long, but many of those items aren’t required for inspection, e.g. baseboards, window trim, etc. Here’s what needs to be done during the next seven days.
[punch list]: http://sonicchicken.net/blog/wordpress/phase-1a-punch/
* Install smoke alarms. The wiring is done, except for power feed. Other than that, all I need to do is put up the ceiling mounts and attach the smoke alarms.
* Install fluorescent lights in the kids’ closets. Wiring is done, just need to put the fixtures on the walls and hook them up.
* Bolt the dishwasher into its cabinet.
* Install the last few (5?) switch- and outlet covers in the utility room and garage.
* Install last two exterior outlets and weather-proof covers, on the front porch and outside the new bathroom. (Wiring already done.)
* Install final two exterior lights, outside the back door. (Wiring already done.)
* Finish installing both attic fans. (Each about half done already.)
* Finish wiring and test the whole-house fan.
* Clean up the light- and switch wiring for the attic lights.
* Wire and install ceiling light in entry.
* (sub) Patch ceiling in bathroom hallway. Don and J will take care of this in the morning.
* (sub) Don and J are also going to pour the concrete pad for the A/C condensor tomorrow.
* (sub) José will install the A/C condensor on Friday or Monday.
* (sub) Kevin (the mason) will be out Thursday or Friday this week to extend the chimney to the required height.
I’ll be home tomorrow since Don and J will be working, so I’m going to try to finish the attic work in the morning before it gets too hot. (Plus, once the attic fans are both running that will help control the temperature in the attic.)
Pingback: F minus 6 and counting… at SonicChicken blog