After a little digging, I found an article on malwarehelp.org that gives a brief description of First4DRM (the rootkit that Sony/BMG audio CD’s have been surreptitiously installing on unsuspecting users of Windows computers). The malwarehelp article also links to removal instructions. I haven’t tested the removal tool or manual instructions, so caveat emptor! Let me know about your experience if you are unfortunate enough to get hit with this.
About this blog…
I use this platform to share things that are of interest to me or things I'll want to reference later. Occasionally other people like these posts, hence "Shared Interests".
What might you find here?
- Problems I've solved (mostly computer- or network related).
- Recipes and cooking-related posts.
- Hobbies and projects.
- Our remodeling experience.
- Local (Sacramento) information.
- Anything that strikes my fancy.