One of our neighbors had told us that the [Sacramento County Building Department](http://www.bldginspection.com/) would not allow [fold-down attic stairs](http://tinyurl.com/2ofp3s) to be installed in the garage. I just got off the phone with the inspection supervisor, and he told me that they *are* allowed, but they must have a 1-hour fire rating. I’ll have to check our stair kit’s fire rating when I get home tonight.
About this blog…
I use this platform to share things that are of interest to me or things I'll want to reference later. Occasionally other people like these posts, hence "Shared Interests".
What might you find here?
- Problems I've solved (mostly computer- or network related).
- Recipes and cooking-related posts.
- Hobbies and projects.
- Our remodeling experience.
- Local (Sacramento) information.
- Anything that strikes my fancy.