Most (hopefully all) of the organizers of various Sacramento gaming groups, websites, et cetera, will be getting together for an organizational meeting on Sunday, the 11th at 5:30 PM. Our preferred meeting place, Fox & Goose, is closed on Sunday evening, so we’re trying to come up with a suitable “stand-in” venue. I’ll update and/or comment on this post when we settle on a meeting place.
FYI, this is a meeting, not a game event!
Organizers of gaming events or groups in the Sacramento area are invited to attend. Whether you host game nights at home, run a “real” game club, manage a gaming website, or are one of the Meetup co-organizers, we’d like to all get together to coordinate our efforts.
Topics of discussion: (“Agenda” sounds so formal…)
- ConQuest convention in Sacramento 2006
- Membership, i.e. Chicago vs Sacramento
- Calendar, scheduling–are we having “too many” events?
- Locations–can we schedule/post events outside Sacramento, e.g. Elk Grove, Davis, Roseville, etc?
- Interlinking Sacramento-area gaming websites
- Promoting the hobby/our groups–game store flyers, word of mouth, news coverage?
- New members–some prefer more structured introduction, some just like to dive in. We’re good at the latter, need to improve for the former.
- Recurring meetup events–designating “hosts” or who’s responsible for posting the event, collecting feedback, etc.
- Meetup “kitty”–the site is no longer free. I don’t mind paying for it for the time being, but I’d like to start collecting change from people willing to chip in. I guess this means treasury reporting. 🙁
- Other topics upon request, leave a comment on this entry.
- Gaming, if there’s time and inclination. 😉