Yummmm, macadamia nut chicken for dinner tonight! We got this outstanding recipe from our friend Barbara several years ago. She lost her copy a while back, and happily we were able to get a copy back to her! Several people have asked me for this over the years, and I can never remember how to make it. So here, for posterity’s sake, is one of the greatest chicken recipes known to humankind, especially from the kitchen of my capable wife!
– 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, about 2 lbs.
– ⅔ c seasoned bread crumbs
– 1 egg
– ½ c macadamia nuts, chopped
– 1/8 tsp salt
– ¼ c butter, divided
– 2 Tbsp olive oil
– ½ c chicken broth
– ½ c orange juice (fresh-squeezed is best)
- Pound chicken until ¼” thick.
- Combine bread crumbs, macadamia nuts and salt in a shallow bowl. In a separate bowl, beat egg.
- Dip each breast into egg, then coat with bread/nut mixture.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 2 Tbsp butter with olive oil. When oil is hot, add chicken and cook until golden on all sides. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook 5-7 minutes or until chicken is fork tender. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Pour chicken broth and orange juice into skillet, heat to a gentle boil. Cook until sauce is reduced by one third.
- Blend in remaining butter, 1 Tbsp at a time, until sauce thickens. Pour sauce over chicken.
We usually serve this over brown rice, which seems to enhance the nutty taste of the chicken. Enjoy!
I’m infamous! Reggie’s family loves this now too. I wish I could remember where I got this recipe from and we could give them credit…!