I connected my laptop to another system with FireWire and booted my laptop into “Target mode” — hold down the
T key while powering on the laptop. This effectively turns the laptop into a very expensive external FW enclosure. I ran DiskWarrior from the other system, and it recognized the “external” FW drive. I started a DW recovery on this drive at about 16:30 PDT. If it’s anything like the previous run, it should be done with “Step 5” by about 07:15 tomorrow morning. (crosses fingers)
About this blog…
I use this platform to share things that are of interest to me or things I'll want to reference later. Occasionally other people like these posts, hence "Shared Interests".
What might you find here?
- Problems I've solved (mostly computer- or network related).
- Recipes and cooking-related posts.
- Hobbies and projects.
- Our remodeling experience.
- Local (Sacramento) information.
- Anything that strikes my fancy.